[Groff] extending a macro (prepending commands)

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] extending a macro (prepending commands)
Date: 24 Nov 2005 10:05:58 +0000

Hi,

there must be an obvious answer to this question but I've looked and
not seen an answer (yet). What is the best way to prepend commands to
an existing macro. For example, say, in -ms how can one easily define
a new `.LP' do some work and then call the original old `.LP' safely..

Here is my example code and I'm puzzled at the infinite recursion
when LP is invoked. I'm sure this must be obvious to many people but
(not me at present!)

Thanks Gaius

.mso s.tmac
.\" extend LP