Re: [Groff] groff 1.19.2 with pdfref

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff 1.19.2 with pdfref
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:04:19 -0400

> I am using the pdfref macros from Kees Zeelenberg found here
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2001-01/msg00047.html.
>
> It works nicely together with the ms macros. I better should say
> worked. We updated to version 1.19.2 and now it doesn't work
> anymore.

In the referenced message, Kees said, "they work silently by redefining the NH
and SH macros." I expect that there have been changes in s.tmac between
1.19.1 to 1.19.2 that clash with pdfref. You might want to try running a diff
between the two versions, to figure out what's happening.

I've woven the pdfmark macros into the -ms extensions I'm using for
documentation at work, and they work well enough. I'm having trouble with
pdfroff though; it repeats the output twice in the PDF. I haven't had time to
figure out what's happening there; I'm getting good bookmarks without it so
that should be OK for this release.

-- Larry