Re: [Groff] Unwanted margins in gpresent pdf

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Unwanted margins in gpresent pdf
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:12:53 +1100

Tom,

I've never used gpresent but I suspect that your .pdf file comes from a conversion from a .ps file. If so, the solution could be to define a cropbox somewhere in the .ps file, e.g.

      [/CropBox [80 50 520 800] /PAGES pdfmark

that sets the cropbox for all pages for the .pdf file, or

      [/CropBox [50 50 500 700] /PAGE pdfmark

that sets the cropbox for the current page only.
These numbers are [x-left y-bottom x-right y-top] in `Adobe points' (72 per inch).

Note: Most pdf viewers will crop the page to the given size (Acrobat, Preview), but
some will just ignore it.

Note: Some ps interpreters do not understand pdfmark. The following
will define it for them as `do nothing', so that you don't get error messages:

/pdfmark where { pop } { userdict /pdfmark /cleartomark load put } ifelse

If you crop all pages the same all the time, you may add [/Crop... and /pdfmark ...
to grops' prologue, and you are on your way.
If you wish to crop differently, you may need to learn how to insert PS code into a groff
document and do the [/CropBox ... bit page-by-page.

I hope that this helps.

Miklos