Re: [Groff] tbl problems in man

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [Groff] tbl problems in man
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:31:18 -0500

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
> T{ T} as implemented currently just sucks.

Agreed.

> In this particular case (this is, simple tables which can be
> sufficiently emulated with TP/TQ), I favor optical appearance over
> logical structure.

And I still fundamentally disagree with that.

Shouldn't we be looking for a way to fix TBL, rather than kludging
around the problem?

I'm not trying to be obstreperous here, but it seems to me that the
real problem is that TBL just gets this case wrong.  Is there some
reason not to address that directly?