Re: 回复: 回复: [Groff] building process stuc k when building groff-current

From: Yu-ning Feng
Subject: Re: 回复: 回复: [Groff] building process stuc k when building groff-current using MinGW
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:35:05 +0800

On 9/11/07, Yu-ning Feng <address@hidden> wrote:

> Finally there, may be / may not be the real problem. Description of the
> crash:
>
> main.cpp (of tbl.exe) processed mixed_pickles.roff. At line 60,
>
> Bit @ Code @ Warning @ Bit @ Code @ Warning
>      ^^
>      |\
>      | p
>      ptr
>
> string::remove_spaces ( ... ), tried to
>
>   a_delete ptr;
>
> Crash then happened in free(...) of a_delete.

With CDB (a user mode dbgr on win) and symbol file of ntdll.dll, I
have got a more exact crash point:

(call stack)
Entry          Function                  Called at
0x7c98decf     ntdll!RtlDebugFreeHeap    0x7c96a5cb
0x7c9468b7     ntdll!RtlFreeHeapSlowly   0x7c9468a8
0x7c93043d     ntdll!RtlFreeHeap         0x77bfc2d8
               msvcrt!free               0x41cf70
               free                      free(p)
               operator delete           a_delete ptr;
               string::remove_spaces()  input_entry.remove_spaces

ntdll.dll should be mapped at the same va for user apps, so those hex
numbers could be useful. I am not familiar with win internals, so
maybe someone good at it could help guess the crash reason.

--
Yu-ning Feng