Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:52:47 +0200 (CEST)

> What image formats can be used with groff?  To date, I have used
> encapsulated Postscript (.eps) and PSPIC with the -ms macro package,
> but I am having increasing difficulty doing the conversion of some
> complex images to eps.  Are there alternatives that can be used,
> like .png, .ps, .jpg or others?

What difficulties do you have?  The netpbm suite should cover
essentially all image formats.  Have a look, for example, at pnmtops:
Recent versions even allow to specify a native PostScript compression
filter (most notably /FlateDecode).

A PS file should be convertable to the EPS format with programs like
ps2epsi (in case it can be converted to the EPS format at all).

I believe that your question is rather: How can I embed JPG images and
the like so that they can be extracted as such after conversion of the
groff PS output file to the PDF format...

Keith?