Re: [Groff] Groff Version in Debian and [K]ubuntu

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff Version in Debian and [K]ubuntu
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:25:42 +0100 (CET)

> Does anyone know why the latest version of groff in Debian and [K]
> ubuntu is 1.18.1 (incorporating version 1.1.4 of Peter Schaffter's mom
> macros)?

Because they use a hack for Japanese which I've refused to incorporate
into 1.19.  Unfortunately, progress w.r.t. good Japanese (TTY) support
is still far away; if you look up the mailing lists you can see what
has to be done (this is, to implement glyph classes which share the
same properties).

I'm slowly getting nearer to a new groff release.  However, it's just
me basically working on this -- for example, cleaning up the copyright
stuff eats a huge amount of my time which I can afford for maintaining
groff...