Re: [Groff] Re: OTF fonts

From: Gunnar Ritter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: OTF fonts
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:09:27 +0100

James Cloos <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd also love to see full libhnj support.  (Probably should have two
> registers, one for choosing the libhnj hyphenation algorithm and a
> second one to choose the line breaking algorithm.  Just to ensure old
> documents do not reflow unless one asks for the new algos.)

There is no point in implementing libhnj hyphenation with
groff as it already implements exactly the same algorithm
by Liang. For paragraph-at-once line breaking, I can assure
you that almost all of the interesting aspects relate to
the integration in the troff framework, so a library would
not provide much help there.

Gunnar