Re: [Groff] Eqn trouble in 1.19.2 on a new Mac Pro

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Eqn trouble in 1.19.2 on a new Mac Pro
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:17:36 -0500

Robert Marks wrote:

> Never seen anything like this -- suggestions?
>
> Input file testeq:

[snip]

My suggestion would be to compile groff from CVS and install over the shipped
version. The magic incantation on OSX:

./configure --mandir=/usr/share/man --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install

The suggestion for CXX=g++2 in the PROBLEMS file applies primarily to 10.2 and
maybe 10.3, with PowerPC Macs.

BTW, it's a good idea to keep a copy of /usr/share/groff/site-tmac (and
site-font if you use it) in your home directory; when
Apple releases groff updates, those directories get reset. Ask me how I know.
:-(

-- Larry