Re: [Groff] RfH: numeric expression expected (got `n')

From: Daniel Leidert
Subject: Re: [Groff] RfH: numeric expression expected (got `n')
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:50:23 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 24.02.2008, 10:54 +0100 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
> > I have a problem with man-pages written by the PSI3 projects.  Man
> > throws a warning about a macro the manpage authors wrote.
> >
> > However I don't know GROFF well enough to track the issue down.  All
> > I can say is, that the warning is thrown for lines with the .pN
> > macro, which is defined earlier.  You can take a look yourself at
> > http://debian.wgdd.de/temp/cints.1.
>
> Uuuh, there are many problems in it.  The serious ones start with `*'.
[wnip]

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately these man-pages are not "my"
man-pages. I'm not the author nor do I have access to upstream VCS. But
I'm interested in fixing these issues too (I package PSI3 for Debian)
and I will forward your comments to upstream.

Many thanks for your input. Also many thanks to Clarke Echols.

Regards, Daniel