Re: [Groff] vim syntax file for groff -- treatment of .ig

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] vim syntax file for groff -- treatment of .ig
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:47:49 -0500

Dorai Sitaram wrote:

This is for Alejandro Lopez-Valencia, if he's still fielding reports on his very useful and tasteful nroff.vim syntax file.

This synax file currently highlights a .ig environment as a comment, but assumes that the .ig will always be closed by a double- dot (..), even if the .ig has an argument signaling a different closer.

I might as well dog-pile on, since I've been thinking about a few things having to do with the syntax file too....

1) Recognize the .if 0 \{\ ...lines... .\} sequence and highlight that block as comments too.

2) -mwww includes some very useful "ULS/ULE" (bulleted list) and "OLS/ OLE" (numbered list) macros. Having seen tag completion at work in the XML vim file, it would be nice if typing ".ULS" or ".OLS" would automatically include the corresponding end macro, a ".LI" and a blank line in between, and leave the cursor at the blank line.

3) Recognize and highlight "change bar" blocks (using ".mc") and highlight them.

-- Larry