[Groff] computer modern fonts in EQN with Tps?

From: Hongzheng Wang
Subject: [Groff] computer modern fonts in EQN with Tps?
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:36:59 +0800

Hi all,

I am a TeX user, and have just begun to learn troff recently.  I have
a beginner's question.  Since I cannot find local wizards around me, I
have to post here.  I hope it would not be too senseless.

After learning and practice, I find it is quite easy to typeset
technical papers in troff with ms macros.  And it is also a happy
experience to typeset mathematical formulas by eqn, though the syntax
is somewhat different from that of TeX.  But it seems that the fonts
used to display formulas are always Times.  My question is that, is it
possible to switch the ``mathematical fonts'' to computer modern fonts
shipped by TeX and how?  I notice it would be CM fonts with Tdvi, but
it would force normal text fonts to be CM too.

I have browsed the archive of mailing list and found similar
questions.  And some experts here even give out instructions to add CM
fonts to groff.  But it is still too complicated in some sense.  I
wonder if there are some simple method, e.g. using some typeset
commands in documents, to just typeset formulas in CM fonts and let
other parts in Times.

Thanks.

--
HZ