[Groff] how to disable page breaks using nroff.

From: mike . burns
Subject: [Groff] how to disable page breaks using nroff.
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:39:46 -0600

I currently have a report using the ms macro package that can be processed
with -Tascci or -Tps.
I'm trying to remove all the page breaks from the ascii version so that the
report just shows up as one long page.

Any hints on how to do this?

I see that the man package has an 'rC' register that controls this behavior,
but a brief look at the man macros informed me that it would take more than
a brief look at the man macros to figure out how it worked.

I currently detect if nroff is running, and if so, set the page length to a
very long value, stripping off the newlines after the report runs.  I was
just hoping for a more elegant solution.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The contents of this e-mail message and any
attachments
are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply
e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the
intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage
of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.