Re: [Groff] Paper Size with groff and evince on Ubuntu 7.10.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Paper Size with groff and evince on Ubuntu 7.10.
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:55:33 +0100

Hi Deri,

> Does the 'DESC' file in 'devps' contain 'papersize /etc/papersize a4'?

Yep.

    $ gi paper `locate /devps/DESC`
    /usr/share/groff/1.18.1/font/devps/DESC:papersize /etc/papersize a4
    $

> If you upgrade to 1.19+ you would also have:-
>
> "o The paper size is now emitted via the %%DocumentMedia and PageSize
>   mechanisms so that it is no longer required to tell `gv' or `ps2pdf'
>   about the paper size.  The `broken' flag value 16 omits this feature
>   (the used PostScript command `setpagedevice' is a LanguageLevel 2
>   extension) -- if you intend to further process grops output to get an
>   encapsulated PS (EPS) file you must also use this option.
>
>   Patch by Egil Kvaleberg <address@hidden>."

Ah, that's probably what I'm missing.  Unfortunately, Ubuntu 8.04, due
out any day now, is still shipping 1.18.1.1-16.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=groff&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

I assume this is because of Debian's fork that introduced CJK support or
whatever it was?  If so, I'll make sure there's a bug on Ubuntu's groff
that they're missing mainstream improvements, evince not displaying the
right page size being a good example.

Thanks for your help.

Ralph.