Re: [Groff] gropdf driver (was: pdfroff produces two copies)

From: joerg van den hoff
Subject: Re: [Groff] gropdf driver (was: pdfroff produces two copies)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:10:40 +0200

thank you, and just a short confirmation that, indeed, now it works seemingly perfect for
me.

all the best

joerg

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:11:50 +0200, Deri James <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 11:30:50 joerg van den hoff wrote:
    **** Warning:  An error occurred while reading an XREF table.
    **** The file has been damaged.  This may have been caused
    **** by a problem while converting or transfering the file.
    **** Ghostscript will attempt to recover the data.

... which Ghostscript apparently is able to do, since the display looks
OK, but
something seems to be murky in the generated pdf...

best regards,

joerg

Hi Joerg,

I've tracked this down (thanks for the samples). I'd failed to notice the
PDAReference (from Adobe) requires a trailing single space on each line in the
XREF table!!&&**!!

Now fixed and 'gv' has stopped belly aching about it! Fixed version is
available here:-

<http://www.chuzzlewit.demon.co.uk/gropdf/>

Cheers

Deri