[Groff] groff page numbering and pdf page counts

From: smoore
Subject: [Groff] groff page numbering and pdf page counts
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:45:37 -0600 (MDT)

Hello all,

First a great thanks for everyone who takes the time
to respond not only to my inquiries, but to that of the
list.

I have a need to align page counts within adobe pdfs such
that the reported page count within adobe matches the
physical page number of the document.

So I have a title page, table of contents, which
hold as an example the first 3 pdf page associations, and
the body of the document starts on page 4.

All is well if I tell groff pagination to start at page 4.

Is there another way within pdfmark / ps2pdf / gs to set
such a variable which instructs the viewer to ignore
the first 3 pages and begin its associative page count on
the 4th page (page 1) ?!?

Thanks