[Groff] gro html problem

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: [Groff] gro html problem
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:59:23 -0500

I was told this is the best place to ask grohtml questions ... I'm having
problems,  The macro set I use is mm (please don't just tell me to use ms, I
LIKE mm), but a fairly basic thing in there doesn't seem to be working: the use
of the list macros, like the .AL/.LI/.LE things.  What comes out seems to be
missing any line break between the last piece of text *prior* to the
introduction of the list mark (like, for ".AL A", the "A".  I've tried to force
things by adding .br nor .sp, but can't get the break to show up, and such a
list is useless.

My current workaround is to use the .H chapter macros, but it's not a
particularly satisfying result.

If you can't offer me any fix, or any better workaround, then maybe you could
give me a hint about where I might begin to look in what macro (inside the mm
macros, or maybe somewhere inside grohtml, which I'm not yet too familiar) for
why this is happening?

BTW, in doing the testing, everything works perfectly for postscript and ascii.
 I've been using the mm macros for decades now, so I don't *think* there's
anything wrong with my basic technique.

Thanks for your time.