Re: [Groff] mmhtml.tmac with Werner's fixes

From: Mike Bishop
Subject: Re: [Groff] mmhtml.tmac with Werner's fixes
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:57:41 -0900

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 02:38:55PM -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:
> This has the fixes suggested by Werner, mostly formatting changes (attached
> file).  I'm hoping for someone with some old mm sources with lists in them to
> give it a try in -Thtml, see what it looks like.  If I get benign neglect,
> this'll probably disappear, because it won't get committed to your archive.

Well, I tried with two documents, one a set of race rules, the other
minutes.  Lists used were .VL, .BL, .AL and formatted correctly
except, in each case, for the first list entry.

The first entry prints the list symbol (bullet, 1, var-text), followed
by a blank line, followed by the list text correctly indented.

Looking at the html, in each case the first <LI> is followed by
a <br>.  The <br> probably needs to follow the <UL ...> statement?

<UL type=disc> <LI> <br>
Willow Fire &amp; Rescue logged 18 incidents for November.
Willow Ambulance logged 12 calls. </LI><LI> One Explorer has
turned 18 and is now a basic firefighter with Willow Fire.
</LI><LI> There are currently four firefighters and five
community members in the EMT-1 class at Sunshine. This will
mean 9 new medics for Willow. </LI><LI> As of now Willow has
24 Fire &amp; Rescue personnel. In total Willow has 34
emergency responders. </UL>

MM souce for the above was--

.BL "" 1
.LI
Willow Fire & Rescue logged 18 incidents for November. Willow Ambulance
logged 12 calls.
.LI
One Explorer has turned 18 and is now a basic firefighter with Willow
Fire.
.LI
There are currently four firefighters and five community members in the
EMT-1
class at Sunshine. This will mean 9 new medics for Willow.
.LI
As of now Willow has 24 Fire & Rescue personnel. In total Willow has 34
emergency responders.
.LE

GNU troff (groff) version 1.20.1 (with supplied m.tmac)

Rgds,
--
Mike Bishop
Willow, Alaska