Re: [Groff] How to change the width for groff ascii output

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] How to change the width for groff ascii output
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:53:43 +0100 (CET)

> I have a text file which is reformatted by groff to another ascii
> file. But width of the output page is 66 characters and I'd rather
> have 80 characters.
>
> How do I change it?
>
> WinXP user, I use "groff.exe -Tascii source.txt > result.txt" to
> reformat file.

You have to change the line length with .ll:

  .ll 80n

Without a macro package you have insert this command into `source.txt'
(or create a file with this single line which is input right before
source.txt).  However, it looks suspicious that you haven't specified
a `-m' command line option...  If you have Perl installed, you can say

  grog source.txt

to (heuristically) find out which command line options you should use
in addition to `-T'.