Re: [Groff] Minor improvement to MM .EOP processing

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] Minor improvement to MM .EOP processing
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:25:20 -0400

Mike Bianchi writes:

> As I read your description, the current syntax is:
>       Define .EOP to change end-of-page processing.
>       Undefine .EOP to restore the default end-of-page processing.

Good point.  I hadn't considered that use case; I assumed that people
who define .EOP leave it defined for the entire document.  Does anyone
actually define it and then remove it?  It wouldn't be a big deal to
define (and document) another macro for the standard end of page
processing, but it just seems cleaner to use .EOP unless people really
rely on being able to remove it to get back the standard processing.
--
Larry Jones

I stand FIRM in my belief of what's right!  I REFUSE to
compromise my principles! -- Calvin