RE: [Groff] PSPIC and eps-file

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] PSPIC and eps-file
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:31:30 +0100 (BST)

On 06-Jul-10 07:54:28, Ruud Baart wrote:
> Hello,
> I trie to use our logo in groff. I use .PSPIC macro. The resulting
> postscript file contains the logo but not in color. What do I do wrong?
>
> groff file:
> .pl 29.7c
> .ll 17c
> .lt 17c
> .po 3c
> .ps 9p
> .vs 11p
> .he ....
> .fo ....
> .LP
> .TL
> This our logo
> .LP
> .PSPIC -L prompt.eps 2i 2i
> .TS H
> .TE
>
> The pdf is created with:
> groff -Tps -t -mme text.nroff | ps2pdf14 - text.pdf
>
> The groff version is 1.20.1 on a debian squeeze system.
>
> The eps file is created with adobe (format is .ai -> saved as ...).
> --
> Regards
> R.J. Baart

I just tried exactly your code (including the groff command, but
with filenames changed), except for the table (.TS H ... .TE) stuff,
using a coloured eps file:

groff -Tps -t -mme temp.tr | ps2pdf14 - temp.pdf

The resultin PDF was coloured. Using groff 1.18.1 on Debian Etch,
and also on Debian Lenny.

The same is true for groff -Tps -t -mme temp.tr > temp.ps
The resulting PS file is coloured.

Have you viewed your logo file prompt.eps (using say gv) to make
sure that it really is coloured?

Is it possible that whatever you use to view your resulting PS
(or PDF) file is configured to display colour?

The only other thing I can think of is that something in your
table contents has disabled colour rendering, though I can't
think what that might be.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861