[Groff] Re: Groff, Grohtml and Encodings

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: [Groff] Re: Groff, Grohtml and Encodings
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 15:47:09 +0400

Myself:

> Now  I am trying to understand a very simple case:
> for the latin1 device, no font definition contains
> a  glyph  named  [`A], while it is this glyph that
> [char192] maps to (by latin1.tmac). And this works
> correctly without any warning messages. Where does
> groff take the definition for this glyph?

Yeah, I confused octal and  hexadecimal  numbers  in
the  font files for devlatin1 and devhtml. The glyph
is there and works as expected. Sorry.

I tried adding a new line to ...\font\devutf8\r:

  u0410 24 0 0x411

deliberately incrementing the device  code  by  one,
and  it  did work! Why doesn't the same action (when
tested  with  the  same   input   file)   work   for
...\font\devhtml\r?  What  is  the  difference?  And
where are the glyph definitions taken from when  not
defined in the font file?

Thanks in advance,
Anton