[Groff] Refer and mysterious comma

From: Patrik Schindler
Subject: [Groff] Refer and mysterious comma
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 00:36:50 +0100

Hello,

I want to use refer for what it's been written. :-) But I'm stumbling over some things which I can't explain nor solve.

I'm using me-macros with Groff 1.19.2 which I tried to package for debian lenny a while ago (I was missing the Euro-Glyph) in the standard-version.

Given it's input:
.R1
database references.txt
accumulate
join-authors " und " ", " " und "
move-punctuation
.R2
Blabla, some paragraph with a citation.
.[
Barkhausen Grundlagen
.]
More text to follow, more footnotes, usw. Lorem Ipsum and stuff.
.[
$LIST$
.]

The database "references.txt" is indexed via indxbib and contains the referenced entry like that:

%A Dr. Heinrich Barkhausen
%B Allgemeine Grundlagen
%I Verlag S. Hirzel
%C Leipzig
%D 1937
%S Lehrbuch der Elektronen-Röhren und ihrer technischen Anwendungen
%V Erster Band
%Y 4. Auflage

The output of groff -ww -me -ma4 -mgerman -Retp for the input file is attached as screenshot. As you can see, between the author (%A) and title (%B), there is some strange quote-comma-quote. I have no idea where it comes from. I removed join-authors from the refer-flags (which I used to get german strings) but that doesn't make any difference. Additionally after the Author is also a comma which is (at least in german) not right. How can I get rid of these two things?

Any ideas? Thanks for help!

:wq! PoC

PNG image