Re: [Groff] groff source to manual

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff source to manual
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:54:58 -0500

Sergio Villone wrote:

> Hello everybody...
> I wonder if anywhere is available the groff source for a user
> manual... I'm new to groff and the like and an exampl
> would be really welcome, in particular for the cover page
> and the toc ;-)
> thank you in advance...

The groff source distribution comes with several examples:

- The pic manual uses the -ms macro package, which is the most popular of the
standard packages.

- The manual for the -me macro package, written using the -me macros.

- The manual for the -mom macro package, written using the -mom macros.

A few of us transcribed the book "Unix Text Processing" a while back, the
source and PDF can be found at http://home.windstream.net/kollar/utp/ (my
website).

Hope that gets you started.

        Larry