Re: [Groff] d conditional and autovivification of macros

From: brian m. carlson
Subject: Re: [Groff] d conditional and autovivification of macros
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:25:43 +0000

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 07:59:09AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> So the main question is why you haven't found this documentation
> snippet.  Can you tell me where and what you have searched?  Maybe I
> can add some index entries.

Most of what I look at is the request index, so I looked at the "Writing
Macros" and "Strings" sections.  Maybe you could say something like,
"Although these requests can be used to create macros and strings,
simply using an undefined macro will cause it to be defined as empty."
and then a reference to the "Identifiers" section.