Re: [Groff] help with refer

From: Patrik Schindler
Subject: Re: [Groff] help with refer
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:25:01 +0100

Hello Heinz-Jürgen,

Am 12.12.2011 um 14:58 schrieb Heinz-Jürgen Oertel:

if someone has a small example document using the ms macros and refer, I'm
sure it will help me understand the usage.

Unfortunately I can only provide a me-Example (which should not differ from ms).

.\" Reference-defines for the whole document placed atop
.R1
database references.txt
accumulate
join-authors " und " ", " " und "
move-punctuation
.R2

.\" This is an entry which sets a reference entry based on
.\" the given words according to the entries in the database.
.\" It causes no break and will appear just like a footnote.
.[
Jager Television Receiver Valves
.]

.\" This is the end of the document. Print out the referred database entries
.[
$LIST$
.]

When changing the references.txt, I run indxbib references.txt to get a proper index. In fact, I don't remember if this is mandatory or optional.

Also you have to add -R to the groff commandline, so refer actually gets called as another preprocessor.

Hope that helps!

:wq! PoC