Re: [Groff] Beginner Groff issue: number registers inside macros

From: Zoë Blade
Subject: Re: [Groff] Beginner Groff issue: number registers inside macros
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:45:14 +0100

> That may not be what you need.  A blank line has the same vertical
> spacing as a .sp 1v request.  Paragraph spacing is more typically
> .sp .5v

Thank you, that's a very good point!  As it happens, for my particular
idiosyncratic purposes, I'm making a macro package for formatting scripts (the
non-computer kind), which are (as far as I can tell) essentially emulating an
IBM Selectric typewriter.  I don't know the details of it, but as it's
electromechanical, I'm guessing it's probably pretty simple, and missing
exactly one line in between each block of text should be sufficient for my
purposes!  Thank you though, it's always good to be aware of what I'm doing
rather than blindly groping around with copious manual skimming, as is my
custom. :)

Thanks,
Zoe.