Re: [Groff] refer does not work with mm?

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] refer does not work with mm?
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:11:25 +0200

> refer(1) man page suggests that refer output is incompatible
> with mm.

This probably only means that mm does not provide the macros
for which refer inserts calls.

> So if I want to use refer, I have to use either ms or me,
> right?

No.  You can provide your own refer-macros.  Their intended
function is described in the (groff) refer manual page under
"Macro interface".  A quick Google search comes up with

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/science/rpn/biblio/ddj/Website/articles/SA/v03/i04/a11.htm

which is probably designed for the original mm, but may
nevertheless be a useful starting point.