Re: [Groff] mom not in groff (ubuntu 12.04)?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom not in groff (ubuntu 12.04)?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:05:22 +0000

Hi

Deri wrote:
> Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:
> > isn't groff 1.21. delivered *with* mom?
>
> I think Ubuntu has more than one package which supplies groff. It has
> groff- base which is a cut down version intended to view man pages and
> a package called groff which contains the full release (including
> mom).

Indeed.  Package `groff' has om.tmac in 1.21.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=precise&arch=any&mode=exactfilename&searchon=contents&keywords=om.tmac
(`precise' being 12.04.  Given the silly names are meant to be for
developers only, why does packages.ubuntu.com use them and not sane
yy.mm?)

Cheers, Ralph.