Re: [Groff] INSTALL.gen

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] INSTALL.gen
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:22:04 +0200 (CEST)

> I replaced the file `iNSTALL.gen' by an older version from
> `groff-1.21' which has copyright up to 2006.
>
> Moreover I created a new file `FOR-RELEASE'.
>
> Could you please check if that's alright?

This looks good, thanks.  However, there is no reason to use an
outdated version for INSTALL.gen: The master of this file is in the
`gnulib' git repository; I've just updated it.

Please be careful with the file permissions!  You've committed
`read_groff_options.pl' with 755 (i.e., with the executable bit set),
but it should be rather 644.  Ah, I now see that you are calling this
script directly during the build.

Uh, oh.  This is probably a bad idea: Currently, we don't need a
working perl on the build platform; we are only checking for perl on
the target platform...  Actually, I would like to stay with that, so I
fear that you have to replace `read_groff_options.pl' with something
using the standard build tools (sh, sed, awk).  Another issue is that
you've called the created file `groff_options.info': Please use a
different extension since `.info' is already used for info files
created with makeinfo.