Re: [Groff] \o and \z do not work for -Tutf8

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] \o and \z do not work for -Tutf8
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 22:50:33 +0200 (CEST)

> Can these characters be made into new glyphs?  `groff_char.7' is
> already quite good for unusual characters - and these are mostly
> available for `-Tutf8'.  If someone could tell me, how to append new
> glyphs, I would try to implement this.

It's not clear to me what you mean with `append', please explain.

Note that (missing) pinyin characters don't belong into groff_char.7 –
this manpage is intended to document all named groff symbols.
Characters not in this man page can be accessed with the standard
\[u...] notation, provided the output font contains glyphs for those
characters.

If you want to create artificial glyphs using `.char' and friends for
-Tps or -Tdvi, please create a separate macro package so that pinyin
support can be loaded with `-mpinyin' or something similar.

For more ideas regarding pinyin support you might look up
`pinyin.sty', part of my CJK package for LaTeX.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=cjk.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/pinyin.txt;hb=HEAD

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=cjk.git;a=blob_plain;f=texinput/pinyin.sty;hb=HEAD