[Groff] .mk/.rt not work across a page?

From: Anton Shterenlikht
Subject: [Groff] .mk/.rt not work across a page?
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 11:23:05 +0100 (BST)

I use .mk/.rt to place multiple pic drawings
side by side. I noticed that when the .PS/.PE
macros occur at the bottom of the page, and
the drawing does not fit, the drawings appear
on the following page one after another vertically,
no longer aligned.

Is this the expected behavior?
I might have missed this in the manual.

At present I just issue .bp before the
first .rt. However, is there a more
general solution?

Also, in latex figures are treated as floats
and the text can move before the figure,
even if it's later than the fiture in the src,
if there is some space left on the previous
page, and the figure does not fit.
I'm using ms and with simple .PS/.PE I cannot
achive this behavior. Again, this might be
the intended behaviour. In that case, what is
the strategy to minimise unused space at the
bottom of the pages?

Thanks

Anton