Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:49:37 +0200

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 09:57:31AM +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi,

> That's my favourite.  Its conventions might be different, given its age,
> but I think it's pretty consistent.  Enthusiasm for anything other than
> trivial changes in style would soon wear thin if bugs were being
> introduced.  And given the limited scope of the code base, is wrapping
> every man and his dog in a setter()/getter() really needed just because
> it seems the norm in the C++/Java world?  (The code isn't really C++,
> more C with Classes.)

you may be right about setter()/getter() usage; other modifications would really
improve readability and maintainability:
        - capitalization of class names
        - a naming convention for class member variables
        - reducing the number of global variables
        - for each class a block of comments explaining what the class is all
about

> Cheers,

  ulrich

--