Re: [Groff] new groff release soon

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Groff] new groff release soon
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:14:00 +0200

> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:10:46 +0100 (CET)
> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
>

> >> Please send me the files; I'll try to incorporate it accordingly.
> >
> > [...], the files are attached.
>
> Thanks!  Your .cmd files are now in the git repository – I've simply
> followed my own instructions :-)  Please test.

Thanks.  It almost works.  "Almost" because the files are not
installed by "make install" on Windows.  AFAICS, that's because you
call GROFF_CMD_FILES too early, where host_os is not yet set, as
config.guess was not yet called.

If I set the make_install_winscripts variable from the Make command
lines, the batch files are installed correctly.

I also noticed one minor annoyance at end of "make install":

     cd d:/usr/test40/share/groff; \
       rm -f current; \
       cp -pR `cat /d/usr/eli/utils/groff-master_2014-10-27/VERSION``sed -e
/d/usr/eli/utils/groff-master_2014-10-27/REVISION` current

     rm: cannot remove directory `current': Is a directory

This is because symlinks are not supported, so 'current' is not a
symlink, but a real directory.  Not a big deal, obviously, but maybe
you want to fix that as well.