Re: [Groff] Strange error messages from Groff 1.22.3

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Strange error messages from Groff 1.22.3
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:08:00 +0000

Hi Eli,

> +void normalize_for_lf (string &fn)
> +{
> +#if defined(__MSDOS__) || (defined(_WIN32) && !defined(__CYGWIN__))
> +  int fnlen = fn.length();
> +  for (int i = 0; i < fnlen; i++)
> +    {
> +      if (fn[i] == '\\')
> +    }
> +#endif
> +}

One thing I think I've missed:  why has this come to light now?  Is
groff running on Windows in a new manner?  Am I right in thinking that
Windows' API is as happy with a/b/c as a\b\c and so wrappers around the
code that's cooking up the a\b\c in the first place could transliterate
there without caring where the a/b/c is later to be used?

Cheers, Ralph.