Re: [Groff] Setting Text Along A Curve

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Setting Text Along A Curve
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:56:33 -0000 (GMT)

On 16-Jan-2015 01:48:52 Robert Thorsby wrote:
> Good morning List,
>
> I need to set some text (eg., Lorem Ipsum) along the arc of a curve
> (eg, a circle). The curve itself need not be visible.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? A mailing list thread?
> Something in pic? Some postscript code?
>
> TIA,
> Robert Thorsby

Greetings Robert!
It can certainly be done, in various ways (including pic, and
PostScript tricks). However, there can be complications of
detail to get it to look nice (e.g. when using fonts which
are not constant-width).

At the moment I'm too short of time to write a proper account,
but will produce something later this weekend.

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 16-Jan-2015  Time: 08:56:29