Re: [Groff] adding non-native font directories [Was: fontconfig]

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] adding non-native font directories [Was: fontconfig]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 21:10:28 -0500

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015, SGT. Garcia wrote:
> just a note on the script which seems very old; back-ticks (`) are
> deprecated and also mkdir could use -p. first run failed for me
> but that's probably because groff in on my system (gentoo-linux)
> is installed under /usr as opposed to /usr/local.

Backticks are still part of the POSIX standard, so changing them for
$(...) would just be refactoring.  Directories created with mkdir
are tested for before they're created, so -p isn't really necessary,
though if you want it, pass install-font.sh the '-p' flag.

To install fonts to /usr rather than /usr/local/, pass
install-font.sh the '-s' flag.

Of course, what's really needed is for install-font to be a Perl
script...

Cheers.

--
Peter Schaffter