Re: [Groff] Still No Luck Accessing Characters From Zapf Dingbats (Or An

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Still No Luck Accessing Characters From Zapf Dingbats (Or Any Other Strange Font)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 10:46:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Henry,

> So I am on El Capitan, and I am using the groff which comes installed
> with El Capitan, GNU groff version 1.19.2

I would suggest to compile from git in this case. groff's git source is
normally very stable and you can get quick bug fixes if issues occur.
It also may help groff to find issues :)
I always use groff from git, which works flawless.

> In the case of DWB 3.3, I have a clone of the master here, and building
> via the default make script results in 130 or so errors and around 1400
> warnings,
> essentially the same set of issues that I had seen with DWB 2.0.

That would be easy to fix.  Unfortunately I don't have access to an OS X
system and setting up a free Darwin system is no fun.  If one day someone
is interested in having DWB 3.3 (or any other DWB) on OS X I would be
interested to fix these issues.

--Carsten