[Groff] pdfpic.tmac

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: [Groff] pdfpic.tmac
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 14:10:35 +0100

Hello

I switched from using -Tps to -Tpdf and to include pictures tried the pdfpic
macro.
The PDF image are created form png or jpeg files using
$ convert image.jpeg image.pdf

Whatever the reason is, convert adds an \x00  byte after the Title: which
results in an abort of the grep command. May be it is a bug in convert, who
knows. As a work arounfd the  grep command line flag -a can be used and the
macro works.
.  sy pdfinfo @$1 | \
grep -a "Page *size" | \

There is another thing I'm faced with. The picture is included into the PDF,
but the following text starts exactly at the same vertical position the
picture starts. The PDFPIC macro does not reserve the space needed for the
picture.
May be this indented?
I just added a space request

\h'\\n[pdf-offset]u'\
\X'pdf: pdfpic \\$1 -L \\n[pdf-deswid]z \\n[pdf-desht]z'
.
.\" after painting the picture, move forwards
.  sp (\\n[pdf-desht]u + 1v)

and it works for me.

Regards
  Heinz