Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] devpdf U-fonts and Russian
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 21:40:30 +0200

> Another strange thing is that, in case of using mixed
> Russian/Latin symbols in pic and tbl objects, the Latin
> letters and numbers become mis-positioned.
> I wonder what I am possibly do wrong. The GROFF version is 1.22.2
> on Ubuntu 14.04. The compilation command used is:
>
> groff -Kutf8 -pet -Tpdf RuTest.rof > RuTest.pdf

Could this simply be a bug in gropdf and you're doing nothing wrong?
I tested your file with the Postscript device (-Tps) and had no problems
(also with groff 1.22.2).
(I had to copy U-TR, U-TI, U-TB, and U-TBI from devpdf to devps first,
but made no other changes.)

Picture is attached, since Russian is all Greek to me. :-)