Re: [groff] infinite loop with groff + mom

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] infinite loop with groff + mom
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 14:12:03 -0500

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> > Lastly, I downloaded the file from the Opera browser, and hey,
> > presto!, file(1) reported
> >
> >   mom-2.2-a (1).tar.gz: POSIX tar archive (GNU)
> >
> > If anyone knows why this is, I'll be glad of the knowledge.
>
> My reply to Ulrich touched upon it.  Your Apache is sending a
> Content-Encoding header and the browser is decompressing the result.

Not much I can do about that, unfortunately.  The Apache server is
iPage's, where the mom site is hosted.  Equally, the Opera browser,
which retrieved and decompressed the tarball for Ulrich, has no
facility that I know of for altering this behaviour, at least not in
the latest version.  I've posted on the Opera forum about the problem.

If nothing can be done, I'll put a note on the mom download page
alerting users.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca