Re: [groff] A typo on fsf groff wiki page, and question about releasing

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [groff] A typo on fsf groff wiki page, and question about releasing
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:35:22 +0100 (CET)

> I think part of the reason why the release for Groff has been so
> slow and sparse could be because of two things: the patches aren't
> ``significant'' enough for some degree of ``significant,'' there are
> not enough maintainers and thus not enough motivation to publicly
> release or effect anything, [...]

Mhmm, I believe it's neither of these reasons.  There are just
technical issues, AFAIK: Bertrand didn't have write access to the GNU
upload area.  Hopefully, this is fixed now, and I guess that he will
do a release as soon time permits.

> P.S. I would love to maintain Groff after I finish university,

Excellent :-)

> which should be in 10 years' time because I'm still in high school.

Interesting.  I guess you are one of the youngest groff users
world-wide.