Re: [groff] groff as the basis for comprehensive documentation?

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [groff] groff as the basis for comprehensive documentation?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 12:54:37 +0100

On Sat 21 Apr 2018 08:16:36 Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Note that I am only working with Groff's man macro package and do
> understand that other macro packages may have greater demands on the
> HTML generator.

You might consider supporting mdoc macros. You may have seen:-

http://chuzzlewit.co.uk/WebManPDF.pl/man:/7/groff_mdoc

Which shows what a preprocessor inserting Keith's pdfmark extensions can do.
Compare with:-

http://chuzzlewit.co.uk/WebManPDF.pl/man:/7/groff_man

Which has less semantic markup to use.

Note this runs on a very small arm powered computer, so there is a noticeable
delay in serving the pages, it is much faster on my desktop.