Re: [groff] Groff

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] Groff
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 08:55:04 +0100

Hi Francis,

John wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code
> I'd say something's wrong with whatever program you're using to
> display the formatted man-page. What you're seeing is actually the
> correct behaviour for a manpage formatted by grotty(1).

Or, grotty is wrong to assume that hard-coded sequences will be
understood.  :-)  See mentions of `SGR' in grotty(1) for documentation,
e.g. of the environment variable to disable these codes, and groff's
`-P' option to pass options to the grotty post-processor.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy