Re: [groff] 01/01: chem(1): Condense option documentation.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] 01/01: chem(1): Condense option documentation.
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:28:40 +0000

Hi Ingo,

>  * The line
>      @address@hidden [file ...] | groff -p ...
>    is critical to understand how to use chem(1), so it is way to low
>    down.

If that's critical then what comes earlier is at fault.

>    It should probably be deleted, and instead the SYNOPSIS should look
>    like this:
>
>      SYNOPSIS
>        @address@hidden [--] [filespec ...] | groff -p ...

No, this is wrong.  tbl(1) doesn't show it needs piping to troff, and
chem shouldn't show it needs piping to pic.

The NAME section is where it starts to go wrong in the version I have
here.

    chem - groff preprocessor for producing chemical structure diagrams

I suggest

    chem - pic preprocessor for chemical-structure diagrams

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy