Re: [groff] <DKIM> Termux Android app and Groff

From: Deri
Subject: Re: [groff] <DKIM> Termux Android app and Groff
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 20:01:16 +0100

On Friday, 17 May 2019 18:39:18 BST Mikkel Meinike Nielsen wrote:
> Ok so I have teste now. I have got the fonts. It looks like this
>
> /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/share/groff/1.22.4/font
>
> $ ls devps
> AB BMBI CI HBI HNR NR S TR freeeuro.afm text.enc
> ABI BMI CR HI HR PB SS ZCMI freeeuro.pfa zapfdr.pfa
> AI BMR DESC HNB NB PBI TB ZD generate
> AR CB EURO HNBI NBI PI TBI ZDR prologue
> BMB CBI HB HNI NI PR TI download  symbolsl.pfa
> $
>
> However changing the font family in the dokument does not give any result.
>
> For instance
>
> \# -- ---------- Set font family to Halvetica ----------- -- #
> \#
> .fam H
> .ft R
> \#
> \# -- ------------------ Define colors ------------------ -- #
>
> Was suppose to render my text in Halvetica
>
> The text however renders in some kind of Roman (Text with feets)
>
> There are are no masseges in the compilation. It compiles "silent".
>
> Any other font family name i try with it gives the same result.
>
> So can you help my trubleshoot fuather??
>
> //Mikkel

For postscript all the default base fonts (which includes Helvetica - HR)
should be "known" by
the device/program which is going to render the postscript file. In other
words, for these base
fonts, it is unnecessary to embed the particular font in the postscript file.
So it looks like the
problem is actually the postscript file viewer which you are using does not
have access to the
base fonts which it needs to render the file.

One possibility is to get groff to actually embed the used base fonts in the
postscript file it
produces, by editing the "download" file with entries which point to the URW
fonts which I
believe you have.