Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Deri
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 12:27:47 +0000

On Sunday, 1 March 2020 09:36:53 GMT Colin Watson wrote:
> > > * troff should use the current version of ghostscript
> >
> > I'd guess so.
> >
> > Debian's groff maintainer, Colin Watson, is a subscriber here, and may
> > pipe up soon.
>
> Apparently the current ghostscript version at build time gets built into
> /usr/share/groff/1.22.4/font/devpdf/download by way of groff's build
> process.  I hadn't noticed that before.  Do please file a Debian bug
> report.  For stable update purposes, a simple rebuild will suffice.  For
> ongoing purposes, we may want to look at figuring out how to avoid
> encoding the version in font/devpdf/download.

The download file is created by the program BuildFoundries which used to be
left in the font/devpdf/util directory after install, no longer. Perhaps this
ought to be installed in the bin directory during install. If the ghostscript
version changes then you could cd into the the font/devpdf directory and run
BuildFoundries. One caveat, the program will need tweaking to preserve any
custom changes made to the download file which have nothing to do with the
location of the ghostscript or URW fonts.