[address@hidden: Re: weird \s]

From: Larry McVoy
Subject: [address@hidden: Re: weird \s]
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 18:42:37 -0700

Doug and I talked about this off line.  Doug predates all versions of
roff, he watched it being developed and used it.  I think his opinion
matters.

In the message below the "Am I wrong wanting" and the specs are me,
his response is below that.

Anyone arguing for \sDD is just misguided.  If you want two things
it is \s(12, if you want N things, groff gave you \s[1234].

Could we please just converge on this spec?  I'm old and tired but
if we can get agreement on this and noone wants to do the code I'll
take a swing at it.

----- Forwarded message from Doug McIlroy <address@hidden> -----