Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:00:55 -0400

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, Steve Izma wrote:
> Anyway, my strategies for typesetting for a printed document:

Excellent advice, well reasoned and well presented.

I would add that inserting \: (the zero-width break point) before
or after every forward slash in a URL, depending on the style
guidelines of a document, saves a lot of manual fiddling when URLs
must be broken across lines.  Not all the fiddling, but enough to
warrant making it a first line of defence.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca