Re: [groff] 01/08: mdoc: Accept mixed-case section headings.

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [groff] 01/08: mdoc: Accept mixed-case section headings.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 19:12:00 +1000

At 2020-09-28T22:57:37+0200, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
> G. Branden Robinson wrote in
>  <20200927063701.vj6bg474km3ofpfh@localhost.localdomain>:
>  |At 2020-09-16T01:21:14+0200, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
>  |> I am all with Tadziu Hoffmann in this thread.
>  |Did Tadziu comment on this thread?  I don't see any such message in
>  the |list archive in my mail folder... :-?
>
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2018-12/msg00150.html
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2018-12/msg00155.html

Aha!  I didn't grasp that you meant an earlier thread rather than the
one under the present subject.  Thanks--that clears it up.

> The former contains
>
>   This tells us that the capitalization was intended as
>   a presentational effect.
>
> It is interesting that Doug McIlroy as one of the main (or even
> sole) editors / reviewers of early manuals did not take part in
> this thread.

I enjoy it when Doug chimes in, but I wouldn't blame him if he's a bit
wary of being treated as an oracle.

Or maybe he was busy and simply missed it.  :)

> Rereading the first messages of the thread ... i reiterated one of
> Ingo's statements in fact.

Yes, I think the earlier discussions were pretty comprehensive.

I haven't brought CS and CT support to groff_mdoc yet but I haven't
forgotten.  Savannah #59106 is nagging me like a toothache.

Regards,
Branden